The Chevrolet Trax is one of the crossover models made by General Motors. It’s been a part of the Chevy brand since 2014 and has two generations to choose from. In other parts of the world, the model is known as the Chevrolet Tracker or the Holden Trax.
Since its introduction in 2014, Chevy has sold more than 600,000 Trax models. The two most popular models have been the 2019 and the 2020 SUVs
Click on other model year to view more problems: 2018 2019 2020
Don’t be stuck with a lemon. You have legal rights to cash, return or buyback.
The law makes Chevrolet pay legal fees.
We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. Message or call 877-795-3666 today.
NHTSA Complaints for the 2024 Chevrolet Trax
|Complaint Category||Number of Complaints|
|Unknown Or Other|
|Forward Collision Avoidance: Adaptive Cruise Control|
Most Common Problems
The 2023 Chevrolet Trax is a budget-friendly vehicle, so the bar isn’t set too high. Customers aren’t going to complain about a lot because they are getting a cheap car. However, there have been some aspects that are too big to overlook, such as the electrical system issues, engine problems and interior concerns.
- Car doesn’t start: Within a week of owning the Trax, some people have already discovered major issues, such as the inability to start the vehicle. The system doesn’t activate even when the key is turned to the ACC position.
- Malfunctioning gauges: Some people didn’t have trouble starting the car, but there were issues with the gauges once it turned on. On occasion, the speedometer and other gauges remain at zero, even while driving.
- Erratic warning lights: While driving, owners have been subject to crazy warning lights showing up for no reason. One person says that every safety system warning goes off, while another had the TPMS light come on eight different times, even though there was nothing wrong. The customers that have taken the car to the dealership have been told it’s a bad body control module.
- Defective radio: After turning off the vehicle, some customers find that the radio continues to play. To turn off the radio, the power button must manually be pushed. This problem could lead to a dead battery if the owner failed to turn it off.
- Climate control settings don’t save: When exiting the vehicle, owners expect that the AC and heat settings will be saved, but they aren’t. This causes a problem when remote starting the vehicle because owners don’t know whether the heat, AC or defrost is running, leaving them with an uncomfortable cabin when it’s time to head to work.
- Reduced power: Drivers are complaining about the small three-cylinder engine that seems sluggish. It’s been a disappointment for owners used to having a four-cylinder engine.
- Bad fuel economy: While the fuel economy isn’t as bad as a truck or large SUV, it doesn’t get the fuel economy it should with a smaller engine. Drivers are sacrificing performance and not getting the fuel savings they hoped for.
- Missing interior features: It’s expected that the Trax wouldn’t have an upscale interior, so the cheap plastic materials are no surprise to anyone. However, the missing rear cup holders prove just how shoddy this Chevy is.
- No power driver seat: Even on most budget-friendly vehicles, drivers can still get a power driver seat, but that’s not the case with the Trax. The power driver seat is only available with ACTIV models and there’s no power tailgate either.
2024 Chevy Trax Recalls
Chevrolet hasn’t issued any recalls at this time, but we expect that there will be some coming down the pipeline. The biggest issues have to do with starting the vehicle and the random warning lights. With either of these concerns, the manufacturer should be issuing a recall to make the problems right. There are bigger issues with some of these malfunctions, especially with the warning lights because drivers won’t know if there’s ever something truly wrong.
What To Do If Your 2024 Trax is a Lemon
Suspecting that your vehicle might be a lemon? Relax and allow our team to handle your lemon case without any financial burden on your end. The law requires that Chevrolet cover the legal fees.
Who are we? We are Lemberg Law, a Consumer Law Firm
Lemberg Law is a consumer law firm helping victims of bad manufacturing and run-arounds from auto companies. We are ranked A+ by the BBB. Call our Helpline today! There is no charge unless we win.
Share your story
Does this ring a bell? Have you had a bad experience too? Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below.