We Help Stop Javitch Block Collections Harassment

How To Put An End to Unwanted Calls and Debt Collector Abuse and Threats.

Updated on Author: Sergei Lemberg

Updated on Author: Sergei Lemberg

Javitch Block
Javitch Block LLC or JB is a debt collection agency, which receives a lot of consumer complaints to our law firm for debt harassment. Find out who they are, why they might be calling, and how you can stop them.

What is Javitch Block?

Javitch Block , LLC  or JB is an Ohio-based law firm that specializes in third-party debt collection. JB has received complaints alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), including improper contact or sharing of information and using false or misleading language in an effort to collect a debt. If you have been contacted by JB, make sure you understand your rights before responding.

Have questions? Call us now at 475-277-1600 for a Free Case Evaluation.

Our services are absolutely FREE to you.

The harassing company pays our fees.

Is Javitch Block a scam?

They’re legit. According to the BBB, Javitch Block, LLC is a legitimate collection agency, started in 1991 and incorporated in 1996.  The BBB established a profile page for JB in 1994. JB is listed as a collection agency and a law firm. Buzzfile estimates Javitch Block’s annual revenue at $64.3 million and the size of its headquarters staff at 220 employees, with an estimated 329 people at all locations.

According to its website, Javitch Block is “a law firm concentrating in the area of creditor representation.” JB’s “primary representation is in collections and insurance subrogation.” JB’s mission is “to develop and maintain a personal working relationship with every client and to provide excellence in the quality of their work, responsiveness to the needs of their clients, and quality services at reasonable fees.”

Who does Javitch Block collect for?

Javitch Block’s practice consists of two main divisions—a collections practice and a subrogation practice. Their collections practice “includes recovery of all types of debts, including credit card, installment loans, taxes, student loans, rent, commercial accounts receivable, and purchased debt.” Their subrogation practice “includes recovery of insured and uninsured, auto and property claims, in all amounts.”

Javitch Block is also a law firm and employs a staff of attorneys to “represent creditors in bankruptcy matters, eviction matters, foreclosure of real estate, replev in of personal property, litigation of contract disputes, and defense against consumer lawsuits.” JB’s website is client-facing and does not provide any links or references to consumer protection resources, laws, or enforcement agencies.

Who are we? We are Lemberg Law, a Consumer Law Firm

Lemberg Law is a consumer law firm helping victims of collection harassment and abuse. We are ranked A+ by the BBB. We’ve helped more than 15,000 consumers stop harassment and recover money from debt collectors. Harassed? Abused? Misled by a collector? Call our Helpline today!  There is no charge unless we win.

How many complaints are there against Javitch Block?

The BBB has closed 11 complaints against Javitch Block in the preceding three years, with 6 complaints closed in the past 12 months. Most of those complaints allege problems with billing and collection services.As of March 2015, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has closed 21 complaints against JB. Justia lists at least 5 cases of civil litigation involving Javitch Block.

Contact Information

Javitch Block, LLC
1100 Superior Avenue, 19th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114-2531
Telephone: (800) 837-0109
Website: http://www.jbllc.com/

Can Javitch Block Sue Me or Garnish My Wages?

It is illegal for a debt collector to make empty threats to sue you or garnish your wages. It is also unlikely JB would sue you for a debt you may not owe or they cannot validate. However, debt collection agencies are known to have summoned debtors to court and garnish wages after a default judgement. Contacting an attorney BEFORE this could possibly happen would be a smart move. We’ve helped thousands of consumers fight back against unscrupulous debt collection harassers. Find out if we can help you too today!

Get Free BBB A+ Attorney. Call 475-277-1600 NOW

Unlawful Debt Harassment? Learn the Law & Sue the Collector.

Can you help me file a No Fee Lawsuit against Javitch Block LLC?

Absolutely.  You can sue a debt collector. Here is a Sample Case Complaint:

In 2019, a consumer filed a lawsuit against Javitch Block claiming they were attempting to illegally collect on a discharged student loan debt. The suit stated the loan was discharged by a court order in March 2016 but the defendants continued to seek collection. The plaintiff alleged Javitch contacted his Kentucky employer in 2017 and threatened legal action unless the employer garnished his wages, and the plaintiff submitted information that no amount was owed to his employer.

Complaints against Javitch Block commonly cite problems resulting from disputes about accounting. In December 2017, a complainant indicated she had contacted JB several times to request a statement of her payments and balance due, indicating that it is standard practice for businesses to send billing statements. Allegedly, JB had sent the complainant no statements throughout the time they had been servicing her account. She alleged that when she made contact with a Javitch Block representative by phone, she was told, “it’s not our responsibility to keep up with… your bills,” and said that they “don’t have a provision to send bills to clients.” The complainant indicated her belief that JB’s policy infringed on her legal right to be informed about the status of the account they accepted the responsibility of maintaining and stated that she has the right to be informed about “how much interest… she is being charged or even the principal amount due.” At the time of the complaint, she had spoken with them over a month previously, and the Javitch Block representative allegedly “gave…her issues throughout the phone call, with horrendous customer service.” When she was connected with a manager, the manager allegedly “never apologized for the actions of his employees, …but was simply trying to shut…her up and get… her off the phone.” The manager allegedly promised to mail a statement, but at the time of the complaint she had not received anything. The complainant indicated that this behavior pattern had been repeated several times. The complainant concluded by stating that in the nine months she had been making payments, she had received only 3 statements, and that during that time, there were some months when no withdrawals took place.

In response, Javitch Block indicated the complainant could call their office to request the information, apologized, and said that a statement had been mailed earlier in December. The complainant rejected the response as an inadequate resolution; indicated she had requested a statement several weeks prior; and that at the time they had said they would be sending the statement the same day. In addition, although Javitch Block’s response indicated that the complainant was told she could call anytime for a balance statement, representatives replied to her calls by stating that “Javitch Block does not have the provision to send statements.” JB’s rebuttal to her response indicated that they had spoken directly with the complainant to resolve the conflict and confirmed that they had sent her a statement. The complainant replied by indicating that although Javitch Block’s response was an acceptable resolution, she still had not received the documentation they had promised.

Javitch Block Calling You?

Federal laws protect you. The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) regulates the behavior of collection agencies by prohibiting actions such as the use of abusive or threatening language; harassment; or the use of false or misleading information to collect a debt. The FCRA regulates how collection agencies and creditors report delinquent debts to credit reporting agencies. Additional consumer protection laws include the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Consumer Financial Protection Act (CFPA).

Can I sue JB for harassment?

Yes. If you want to enforce your rights, or recover money for violations — you need to sue. Federal laws provide individuals like you with a means to seek monetary damages in court. For example, the FDCPA allows consumers who have been violated to recover damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.

Want to Stop Javitch Block Debt Collection Harassment Now?

You may have a case, if…

  • You are receiving multiple calls per week from third party collection agencies.
  • You are receiving early morning or late night calls from debt collectors
  • You are receiving calls at work from a debt collection agency
  • Debt collectors are calling your family, friends, neighbors, or coworkers
  • Collectors are threatening you with violence, lawsuit, or arrest
  • A debt collector attempts to collect more than you owe
  • You are being threatened with negative credit reporting
  • A debt collector attempts to intimidate you
  • Criminal accusations are being made towards you
  • Use of obscene language during an attempt to collect
  • Automated robocalls are being made to your phone in an attempt to collect

What Our Clients are Saying

“As we discussed on the phone earlier today, this settlement is perfectly okay to me. I need to thank you and all of your cohorts at Lemberg Law to get a project handled so professionally. Please allow Amy, the first person who contacted me from Lemberg, know how much I appreciate her efforts, kindness, and professionalism.”

“My mom and I want to say thanks to the team of Lemberg Law for all the hard work and effort that was taken to take care of the debt collector and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Because of this, the phones do not ring off the hook .”

“We realize that ours is only one little case among many — and a lot more serious — but are heartened by the fact that you accepted it represented us with a professionalism that belied the dollar amount.”

“I just wanted to let you know we received the check from your office on now and I wanted to take some time to inform you that we really appreciate all of your efforts in this matter.”

Can You Help Me Delete Javitch Block from My Credit Report?

We can absolutely help. Call us today.

Share your story

Have you had a bad experience with this agency’s debt collectors? Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below.

Sergei Lemberg

About the Author:

Sergei Lemberg is an attorney focusing on consumer law, class actions related to automotive issues, and personal injury litigation. With nearly two decades of experience, his areas of practice include Lemon Law (vehicle defects), Debt Collection Harassment, TCPA (illegal robocalls and texts), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Overtime claims, Personal Injury cases, and Class Actions. He has consistently been recognized as the nation's "most active consumer attorney." In 2020, Mr. Lemberg represented Noah Duguid before the United States Supreme Court in the landmark case Duguid v. Facebook. He is also the author of "Defanging Debt Collectors," a guide that empowers consumers to fight back against debt collectors and prevail, as well as "Lemon Law 101: The Laws That Lemon Dealers Don't Want You to Know."

See more posts from Sergei Lemberg
  • Meeka

    The judge gave me 30 days to work something out with them. I’ve emailed a couple of times and called. They refuse to work with me and won’t respond via email.

  • Shelley

    My fiance received a letter from them in Jan. Hes been trying to contact them by email phone and written letter and no response! All they keep doing is sending more papers through the court to us, with a higher debt amount. It has effected his credit score and im furious because we have proof weve been trying to contact them for months…what do we do? We have the money to pay it but need to no where!!!!


    Court Docket for my city says Javich Block served me papers for my wage garnishment. They did not. The address on file is somewhere I lived 2 years ago. They have now OVER garnished me by $544.48. I’ve tried contacting them to get them to stop the garnishment with no luck. I’m a single mother and I’m barely surviving.

  • Beth k

    Set up a payment plan with them an trying to call to pay but I wait and,wait listen to music then says,I’m 5 th called wIt more after a half hour days,sorry we are having difficulties and then says press o to speak to live two but when press,one just keros,saying same message ..

  • Sharon E

    I was not aware of Midland Funding Company/ Javitch &Block until my wages started to be garnished for a 300 dollar debt I couldn’t pay . The judgement was for 2000 dollars. Living paycheck to paycheck as a single mother it has almost ruined my life . If they contact you or you see their name call a lawyer. They are terrible period.

  • Beth L

    I’m trying to get a hold of them to pay off an account. Got sick last year and now paying things off from smallest to highest. Called them and emailed them and no reply. Rather pay Synchrony Bank directly and get this debt over and done with.

  • Kiersten W

    They refuse to send out statements that detail the amount paid and amount owed. They said on the phone that they are a collection agency and they don’t have to do that. How do i know that the contract is being upheld? Is this legal?

  • James J

    No one answers the phone so I can pay my debt. What a crappy law firm. How do you people stay in business.

  • kayla

    Javich block had my license suspended over a debt that i had from a car wreck where i was 17 & had no insurance. ive been paying them monthly. the wreck wasnt my fault, however ruled in the other parties favor because my lack of insurance. they say i owe 200k. however last year, it was 17k

  • jeannie v

    I just found out that I had a judgement against me . The papers stated that I was served 2 years ago. This is not true. I was never served. They don’t even have the correct address on the paper.
    I filed a paper for the judge to vacate the judgement but they brought the officer in who said
    he served it and I told the judge that I had never seen that man in my life. I went back to court to see the judge a second time and proved that I was at work from 7 to 4 p.m. He said what about your home ? I said how does someone serve a paper when they work days from 7 to 3 and don’t even have the correct address. I have reached out to the attorney at Javitch Block for a month , she will not return my calls. I have congestive heart failure and I’m trying to settle . How can I settle if she won’t call me back?

  • Ricco B

    Javich and block has only made contact through a summons has not returned any calls and claims to represent synchrony bank in court, synchrony first denied having a suit against my wife and now states they don’t know and have no record of the first call. they also have no legal team to connect me to, and have no idea if tax credits were received as a loss, or if they are suing or not. only referring to a CC collection business

Leave a Reply or Comment

Write a comment below to share online. Or, instead you can to our legal team.

Please select your star rating.

Briefly describe your experience Briefly describe your experience

What’s your name? What’s your name?

What’s your phone number? Please enter a valid phone number

Want to know if you could sue? Get a free legal evaluation from Lemberg Law?

Get Your No-Obligation
Case Evaluation

Send a secure message to our legal team.

What’s your name? What’s your name?
What’s your email address? What’s your email address?
What’s your phone number? What’s your phone number?
Briefly describe the problem Briefly describe the problem
Confidentiality Guarantee: We keep your information completely confidential and will not send you spam or sell your information.
By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and terms and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s).