Electrical and engine issues are among the top complaints received by the NHTSA from vehicle owners
The 2022 Audi A4 is considered a luxury compact car created by the German automaker that’s part of the Volkswagen Group. The A4 has been in production for five generations and originally took the place of the previous Audi 80 model.
In 2022, only 15,000 models were sold, which was a big drop from just four years prior when Audi sold more than double the amount of A4 models. The decline in sales may be related to some of the recent Audi A4 problems experienced by drivers.
Click on other model year to view more problems: 2021
Most Common Problems with the 2022 Audi A4
Some of the main systems of the 2022 Audi A4 have been causing problems for drivers. Not only is the electrical system glitchy but there are also engine complaints. If that wasn’t enough, the auto glass seems to have a defect that can cause serious issues (NHTSA).
2022 Audi A4 Complaint Summary
|Number of Complaints
|Unknown Or Other
|Back Over Prevention
Electrical System Issues
- Back over prevention failure: There has been a recall for the back over prevention system. Yet, when drivers take their vehicles to the dealership to get the recall repaired, they are told that the parts aren’t available. Customers feel that the manufacturer has exceeded the reasonable amount of time for the repair and have now made the NHTSA aware of the situation.
- Apple CarPlay defects: Owners are struggling with the Apple CarPlay system, which seems to malfunction occasionally. In less than a year, one driver took the vehicle to the shop two times because of these glitches. Even then, for a repair to occur, they had to wait more than a week to get the parts from Germany.
Don’t be stuck with a lemon. You have legal rights to cash, return or buyback.
The law makes Audi pay legal fees.
We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. Message or call 877-795-3666 today.
- Engine auto start/stop malfunction: The start/stop system is designed to improve efficiency on the road. Yet, Audi A4 customers are complaining that it engages before the vehicle comes to a complete stop. Therefore, all forward momentum ceases and power is turned off. This situation is dangerous because it causes the vehicle to roll backward on inclines. Furthermore, Audi doesn’t offer a way to disable this feature, so customers are left struggling with the issue until a solution is found.
- Rough startup: When the auto start/stop engages, it can be difficult getting it to restart after pulling away from a light or stop sign. Even with the turbocharged four-cylinder and dual-clutch transmission, there’s plenty of power when it’s available. The trouble is that it lurches abruptly from a stop when the auto start/stop re-engages. This excessive lurch can cause drivers to fight with the steering wheel just to keep the sedan under control.
Problems with Visibility
- Shattering auto glass: Without any warning, one driver had the rear driver-side window shatter while driving down the highway. The owner was traveling at speeds of 65 mph and nothing hit the glass when it shattered. This situation can lead to serious injuries, especially if someone is sitting where the window breaks.
What to do if your 2022 Audi A4 is a lemon?
It doesn’t matter whether you’ve encountered issues similar to the ones outlined or a completely distinct matter. Should the problem or malfunction you’ve faced impact the safety, utility, or worth of your vehicle in an adverse manner, it could indicate that you’ve ended up with a lemon. That’s when you need to contact a reputable lemon lawyer like us.
We have negotiated settlements for many of our lemon law clients and organized refunds, trade-ins, buy-backs, or replacement vehicles. The law states Audi must pay the legal fees for lemon law cases, so don’t wait to contact us. We will evaluate your case with no charge at all.